Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fruit Smoothies

This is my new favorite meal. I have one for lunch most days of the week. It really does fill you up, and it's healthy and delicious and fast! (and just as good as Jamba Juice for a fraction of the price)
Ingredients:
1 cup Orange Juice
6 Strawberries
1 Banana, peeled and cut up in smaller pieces
6 ice cubes (unless fruit is frozen then don't use any)
1/2 cup yogurt (I used strawberry but you can use whatever flavor)
A handful of spinach leaves
1 tsp of flax seed
Put in blender, blend until smooth
Pour in a cup, add a straw, and drink!!
It makes 2 tall glasses. If I drink both glasses it fills me up. Sometimes I share with Liv or Ryan though and eat a sandwich or something to go along with it.

Don't feel like you have to use these exact ingredients. You can use a little more or a little less or throw in your own concoctions. And you don't have to have the spinach or flaxseed, I just added that for nutrition sake, but you might as well because you can't taste it and it's good for you.

You can even freeze it and let it thaw in your lunch bag and it will be ready at lunch time! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I often feed the girls a fruit smoothie breakfast. I think I'll start adding the flax or spinach for the added nutrition. Did you get this out of a recipe book? Mom aka Gmafor

Jennifer said...

Yummo. I am a fan of smoothies, and this one looks good.

Anonymous said...

We made smoothies during the summer cause of the cooling off benefit. They were great! Haven't added any spinach or flax seed (don't have any) but have thought of other things to add for later. Jessica Van Winkle

Monique said...

It looks yummy!

Shawn and Becky said...

I've never added spinach . . . will do, thanks for the tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails