Tuesday, October 04, 2011

One step forward, two steps back

Oh potty training. We were doing so well. Then we were doing too well. So well she was just holding it in ALL DAY. She was holding it so long, I began to fear for her health. Seriously. Now the newness of the potty has worn off and the only time she wants to even sit on it is when she wants to watch Yo Gabba Gabba.
I refuse to make this an issue or power struggle so I'm just putting a diaper back on her when we go out and keeping her naked at home and rolling with the punches. If she's interested, great. If she's not, great. But ask me tomorrow and I'll probably have a new strategy. Que Sera Sera Oblahdee Oblahdah right?

7 comments:

The Moores said...

I feel your pain, sista. Potty training is whole lot of frustration intermixed with little moments of sheer delight when it actually seems to be working.
Some days I wish we could tell what was going on in her little head!

Jennifer said...

Sorry for the potty-training woes. Love the picture with the Ipad and the potty, though. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass. Hang in there. Give my sweet stubborn girl a big kiss from Grandma.

Erin said...

Not that he is the god of all children, but I read Dr. Stephen's PDF on his thoughts on potty training. He basically said average kid is 35 months and will let you know when they are ready. This calmed me down a lot because I'm thinking H is no-where near ready and I don't want to force her. We will see what happens and each kid IS different. But for today I'm much calmer about starting the whole process...in a year. :)

Kira said...

Oh my, yo gabba gabba makes me crazy! But I now know we don't bite our friends! Repetition is good, right?

Leslie said...

genuine question: this whole naked baby business.....do you ever find "surprises" in other containers around the house?

Ryan and Katie said...

Leslie...no, at least not that I've found! any accidents she has had have been on the floor and if I'm not right there, she has come and told me. But accidents are rare when naked. She just holds it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails