Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween: Trunk or Treat

Our church held their Fall Fest Saturday night and we helped out by being part of the Trunk or Treat caravan. You decorate your car and pass out candy to the trick or treaters like you would if it were your house. We had the Waldo theme going so Ryan and I decided to be Waldo as well....and why not make our car Waldo too?!
All parts for the car came from junk we found laying around our garage with a little paint added to it. It was quite windy, and the trunk kept blowing down but we took turns holding it up! I like how the American Flag in the neighbors yard goes along with our theme. Our costumes were made by painting Tshirts and making hats out of scrap fabric and yarn. Liv's was an actual little boys shirt I turned inside out and her hat was thrifted. The glasses are from the Dollar Store. Here were two of my other fav cars. A sushi roll (Lynn was a geisha and her hubby was a sumo wrestler. I'm bummed they aren't in this photo!)
And Hogwarts!
Liv had fun getting candy (of course) and she even got to see some of her friends there. The dinosaurs, a kangaroo and the cutest little monkey!
Liv won a prize for funniest costume and our car one first place overall. Here we are posing with our ribbons and another costume winner!
I think she had about 4 suckers that night, but she slept well!
I know you might be getting tired of the Waldo posts but there's only one more.....

5 comments:

ktsdad said...

Why doesn't it surprise me that 2 designers with the cutest kid ever took the top prizes??!!

Leslie said...

WHAT?! THAT CAR IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!! I MEAN JUST AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Isenbergs!! Is that Bert I see dressed up like Waldo too?

Love you guys.
Mom aka Gma

Anonymous said...

You guys are amazing! Very cute and very creative! I always love looking at your pictures! Love, Aunt Denise

Monique said...

Very creative! Love the costumes!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails