Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Holiday Tri-fecta: My Birthday

Today is my actual birthday but we got to celebrate it on Friday in Henderson. I went to visit Celeste and baby Maddie in the morning, and when I came home my husband surprised me with a shaved face!! He's had a beard since Olivia was a few months old so it was nice to feel those smooth cheeks against my face! Don't get me wrong, I like the beard, but I also like to not get beard burn when I kiss my husband. We took some family pics since we were all together. Doesn't he look younger? I feel like I'm robbing the cradle!

I'm sure some of you will be receiving one of these in an Xmas card.

Then more family came over for lasagna and cake
But since I was sick they didn't want me to blow germs all over the cake, so my aunt graciously held the candles for me to blow out. Then I napped for way too long and missed saying good-bye to Greg (bye Greg! Sorry I overslept!) When I woke up, my husband surprised me again with a dinner date to see the Muppets movie and then stay in a hotel without a kid...in a king sized bed. Oh how I love those extra inches of horizontal sleeping space!! He knows the way to a girls heart. He celebrated me today too with breakfast in bed (sadly back to a queen size in OKC) and flowers. And now for your viewing pleasure....the face of a 29 year old.....
Ok technically I was still 28 when this was taken but guess what? I look EXACTLY the same. Go figure. Thanks for all the birthday wishes you sent my way via email, phone, text, snail mail, and facebook. I appreciate all the ways you all have blessed me in my 29 years!

6 comments:

Kassi said...

Ryan looks like he did in college! You still look the same too. Happy Birthday. I really miss you.

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome (and I AM NOT biased). And I'm glad you had a happy birthday. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks and kiss that clean shaven cheek of my favorite son. I'll gladly babysit so you guys can go on another excursion.

Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Anonymous said...

You sure are pretty for a 29 year old. Glad you had such a good birthday!

~Rachel

Leslie said...

pretty birthday lady!!

Anonymous said...

My husband just celebrated his birthday on the 29th of November and he asked for lasagna for his birthday too, though his dessert was homemade cherry pie. Happy belated birthday! Jessica Van Winkle

Monique said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails