Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Bread: A Perfect Autumnal Food

I'm not gonna lie, I make a mean pumpkin bread. And by mean I don't mean rude and hateful, I mean delicious. And it's because I learned from the best! It's my mom's recipe...which means it's probably Betty Crocker or something, but either way here are the ingredients:
3 1/3 c flour
3 c sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t salt
(omit above 3 if using self rising flour)
1/2 t cloves
1 t cinnamon
1 can (15 oz) of pumpkin
1 c oil
1/2 c water
4 eggs (beaten)

Preheat the oven to 350. Then grease or spray your bread pans. I believe I used two 9 x 5 x 3 sized pans.
Then mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl (preferably your Kitchen-aid one)
Once it's mixed well, make a well in the center and pour in your oil.
Then I start mixing it on the Kitchen-aid.
Add water, egg, and pumpkin
And mix well.
Pour evenly in your pans.
Bake for about an hour. (Please ignore my filthy oven)
Then take out...using oven mitts. Do the toothpick test if it makes you happy.
Let cool, then dump out, cut, eat, and serve!
Eat the pieces that aren't pretty...they'll still be delicious. And if you're keen on presentation I like to arrange them on a plate like so.
I usually freeze one of the loaves to eat at a later date.

Hint: Make sure to use saran wrap to cover your bread up. This ensures it is moist every time you eat it and magically makes the crust extra gooey and yummy!

4 comments:

Monique said...

Looks yummy!!

kmom said...

The recipe is from Ann Lowe, but she used 1 tsp of cloves.

dshrock said...

I'm so glad you put this on here. Ever since the shower I've been craving some. I have the pumpkin just hadn't gotten around to finding a recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Mom aka Gma

Related Posts with Thumbnails