Friday, November 11, 2011

Reasons I Love OKC...


I'm so thankful Olivia's grandparents gave her a pass to the science museum for her birthday! We finally checked it out for the first time (well I've been before but it was years ago) last week and had a blast! We didn't even get to see it all in one visit. There is so much to do and see! Liv loved being able to run around and play with all the different things. Here is a small sampling of the things we got to experience. I'm sure there will be more posts for the future visits we have!

She got to build things with all sorts of different blocks
Her favorite thing might've been the ramp to race lego cars on. It measures the speed too! She had no idea what she was doing but she would watch the big kids and then just put pieces of legos on the ramp to slide down.
They have a beautiful garden area right outside the yummy and affordable cafe. It's a great place for a stroll
And for pictures with your kids
And for rides on a turtle
The huge treehouse area was lots of fun and I even braved going down the five story spiral slide with her!
It was truly a hilarious moment for all around.
Did I mention there's a segway there you can ride? Noah did great at it, but Liv was not about to set her foot near it.
I definitely wanted a turn though. This guy doesn't ever leave your side but he does let go. I don't blame him though, I've been known to wreck lesser expensive vehicles.
Of course the bubble area was a hit...and a slippery mess
She liked watching the random machines
Here is a video of some of the fun we had with the money vortex, tornado chamber, mirror maze and garden...and per usual I only expect the grandparents to watch it all. video
We also laid on a bed of nails, played the theremin, rode on a train, looked at various airplanes, watched a pendulum make art, saw lots of exhibits, learned about dental hygiene and autopsies, went to a crime scene investigation, played on the gymnastics mats, looked at optical illusion art, and briefly went to the planetarium show. We'll have to go back and try it again. She was a little freaked out by the darkness but talked about the moon moving and stars she saw for days afterward! So check out the science museum if you have nothing to do on a rainy day, and call us to join you if you want company. It's fun for little kids and adults!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of stuff in one museum. I can't get over what a big girl she is, and so beautiful. I would love to go on that 5 story slide. Sounds like fun. I'm not sure you would get me in the mirror maze though-a little claustrophobic. And that tornado thing looks like a cone of silence from Get Smart. Glad you like the present.

Mom aka Gma
Only 5 weeks till we're in Branson!

Leslie said...

oh my gosh, it's like EVERYTHING WAS BLOWING HER MIND. and i like how she says satchew + tahtor. adorbs.

kmom said...

I didn't realize there was so much she could do in that science museum. It looks like great fun, especially if the weather is threatening to ruin a day at the zoo. Glad they are right next to each other.

Related Posts with Thumbnails