Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reasons I Love OKC...


I also love the part of the museum where there is art and the cafe, but today's post is just about the theater. The museum has a variety of films that don't usually come to the big chain theaters here. There are many documentaries, foreign films, and independent films played there. Ryan and I always enjoy going to see the Oscar Nominated Animated Short Films each year usually in February. They've even done Sound of Music sing-a-longs, and I'm sure they do a Rocky Horror day too. This week I got to enjoy a documentary with my friend Allison called Being Elmo.
Olivia would've been sooo jealous if she knew I'd gone. She loves that muppet! It was all about the man who is the puppeteer for Elmo and it was such a good film. I might've even teared up a bit...and that is rare! He is a very talented man with such a passion and dream for what he does. It made me love Elmo even more. I recommend the film to anyone and the museum of art theater as well! Clink on the link above to see what other movies are coming here soon!

Fun Fact: While viewing previews for other films that will be shown there, I learned that Ray Eames was Charles Eames's wife. I came home and told Ryan who also had always assumed Charles and Ray were brothers. This was shocking to us both as we are both graduates of design programs who studied Eames furniture and products and never knew! I hope we aren't the only two out there that thought this.

7 comments:

kmom said...

so is Ray a guy or a girl?

Ryan and Katie said...

Charles is a man and Ray is a woman, who is married to Charles. Her real name is Bernice Alexandra so I guess "Ray" is a nickname for one of those names. I'll have to go see the documentary and let you know!

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love Elmo?

Mom aka Gma

Leslie said...

Oooh...it's playing in nh! I want to see it!

security equipment said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Sommer said...

Um I totally thought Charles and Ray were brothers too!! I think Crismon left out the part about them being husband and wife!

alexa jeam said...

I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..Thanks for shared this with us
Best advertising Agency in the world | advertising agencies in Lahore | advertising agencies in Karachi

Related Posts with Thumbnails