Friday, December 16, 2011

Bruschetta Chicken

This recipe is straight from the back of the stove top dressing box, but it is delicious and easy and therefore worth sharing with you! (not because you are delicious and easy, but because I like to assume other people want fast and yummy recipes too) Here are the ingredients:
About 1.5 lb of chicken
1 pkg of Stove Top Stuffing mix for chicken
1 can of 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp basil
1 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Then cut up your chicken into bite size pieces and put in a 13 x 9 dish.
(The best time to make this is when my husband is home so he can cut up the germ infested raw chicken instead of me, and I don't have to freak out AS MUCH about cleaning up the germs. I just remind him to clean EVERY nook and cranny he even looked at with a clorox wipe while handling raw meat.) Then top with basil.
While your spouse is cutting up meat, you can mix the tomatoes, stuffing mix (dry), water, and garlic in a bowl.
Then let your toddler sit on the counter (because who really has one of these?) and help measure cheese.
Let her sprinkle it on top of the chicken and pray that she doesn't get salmonella through the air being that close to raw meat.
Then even it out, because most likely there will just be a big glob of cheese in one place if your child is 2.
Then spoon the stuffing mix on top and bake for about 30 min or until chicken is cooked.
It makes about enough for 6 so it's a good time to invite friends over to enjoy!
Even Olivia ate this! I like to think helping make the food makes her more likely to eat it but really there is no rhyme or reason in trying to figure out why toddlers do anything they do.

5 comments:

kmom said...

My little kitchen helpers stood on a kitchen chair. So glad you are cooking and letting Olivia help you. (Note: after using Clorox wipes on counter tops that you might put food on or eating or cooking utensils, the instructions say to rinse after disinfecting.)

Anonymous said...

Another yummy dinner. I need to start reading my boxes.
Mom aka Gma

Monique said...

I am the same way about raw chicken. John cuts it for me too! We have good husbands.

Laura said...

http://ana-white.com/2010/12/helping-tower.html

Liam is always wanting to help me in the kitchen, but our counter is too narrow for him to sit up on it and the chair thing scares me to death. Anyway, nosing around the internet one day I found this site and my husband made us our own helping tower in a weekend. I think it cost us around 40 dollars. BEST thing ever having a toddler!

Shawn and Becky said...

Yummy cant wait to try! Thanks for that recipes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails