Monday, December 05, 2011

Honey Garlic Chicken

This is probably my favorite crock pot recipe right now. I get a bit tired of ones that require cream of _____ because they end up all tasting the same. It is Honey Garlic Chicken and I got the recipe from this lady's blog (she apparently can cook with her crockpot every day of the year!)

The Ingredients are:
1.5 to 2 lbs Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs (she says thigh meat holds up better)
3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
1 tsp basil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey

Put chicken in your crockpot
Then freak out at the nasty raw meat and wipe everything with clorox wipes...including your hands and even parts of your kitchen the chicken wasn't even near. At least that's what I do. Then mix the other ingredients in a small bowl
While mixing, if a toddler is tugging at your pants leg saying "mommy, mommy, MOMMY, Katie, Katie KATIE!", throw some dry beans in a bowl and let her use different scoops and containers to entertain herself.
Pour on top and cook on low for about 6 hours or high for 3-4.
It's so flavorful and delicious!
Serve with rice or quinoa or salad or peanut butter or dirt...who cares, just eat it!



3 comments:

Leslie said...

fun, new recipe!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy. I'm gonna try it. Yes, I'm actually gonna cook something besides a microwaveable Healthy Choice dinner-maybe.

Mom aka Gma

Monique said...

Looks delicious!
I was behind on reading your blog so I'm going back and commenting on previous ones. Thank you for brightening my day with your awesome blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails