Thursday, January 19, 2012

He was good for something....

I'm sure when my high school boyfriend got me this giant stuffed gorilla he wasn't imagining my future toddler playing with it and inviting it to pretend tea parties.
I'm glad I kept it.
And I'm pretty sure Olivia is too.

P.S. I just saw an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" where they debated keeping things from exes, so that's why I think I thought of this. Do you own anything from an ex?
P.P.S. I just asked Ryan if he cared that I still have it and his exact words were, "I didn't know it was from your ex. This changes everything. Now I'm going to use it's stuffing to light a fire and burn the house down. I'm kidding, I don't care."
P.P.P.S. But doesn't every joke have a little bit of truth in it? Good thing we have smoke detectors in case he was serious.

6 comments:

kmom said...

Did Olivia put that gorilla in the chair by herself?

Anonymous said...

Yep still have stuff from the ex, though technically Joe (mu husband) was my ex as well...do the things I have from him count as "stuff from ex boyfriends"? Jessica Van Winkle

Erin said...

I don't have much, if anything. But in all seriousness, I think it's hysterical that you even have it still - as huge as it is! I would have gotten rid of it years ago just because I wouldn't want to move it!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to go through my memorabilia box to see. I truly don't know. That might be fun to do on one of these rainy afternoons. I'll let ya know.

Does Ry's bear, Burt, ever get invited to those tea parties? (fyi it wasn't from an old girlfriend)

Mom aka Gma

Leslie said...

interesting that he went straight to fire...wonder what that means. no drowning, leaving out in cold, garbage, but fire? interesting.

EstherW said...

So funny, I have a giant stuffed cow from an ex and it is Loralei's favorite stuffed animal. I am not brave enough to tell my husband it was from an ex...

Related Posts with Thumbnails