Friday, January 06, 2012

An Ode to Cloth Diapers

My daughter has been diaper free for about 2 months now and I finally got around to packing up all the cloth diapers last week. Well the ones that were too big to pass on to baby Gen right now. As I reflect back on our diapering days, I must say it wasn't nearly as difficult or disgusting as I thought it might be in the beginning. I don't have a favorite brand to rave about because I had my favorite types at different stages. If I ever diaper another baby I do think I will use liners sooner, but that's about all I would change. I'm not all preachy about it, and I don't think it's for everyone, but don't knock it til you try it! And now a look back at our journey in cloth! (and some great shots of Liv's crazy hair!)
For those interested in learning about cloth diapers, check out the Green Bambino or DiaperSwappers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I raised my kids in the days of the big square diapers. Folding them when they were fresh out of the dryer was one of my favorite things to do. Sounds silly I know, but it's the truth.

Mom aka Gma

Shawn and Becky said...

One of the things Shawn always says with baby two on the way is 'oh the poop'. We're gearing up again for another round of cloth!

devon lorraine ... said...

i meant to go cloth with piper, but it didn't happen. her daycare is even happy to use cloth diapers if provided, and it was one of the reasons we picked it, but it just never happened. maybe with baby number two!

Monique said...

Love all the pictures of Olivia!

lizcannon said...

i had forgotten how crazy her hair was :) yeah for cloth!!!!

The Original Pineapple Princess said...

I am glad to see that there are others who like cloth. I loved them. All my friends thought we were nuts, but if I had to do it all again, I too, would choose cloth once again. Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails