Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

My Valentine's day started off with a lovely new screensaver on the ipad. Ryan made this card for me and then took a pic of it. I love that hubby of mine.
Then he surprised me with a lunch date to Panera!
We've been doing lots of fun Valentine's activities this whole month. We made heart shaped sugar cookies. Twice actually, but this was the first go round.
Then decorated them with icing and sprinkles.
We even made a special one just for Daddy. Liv has been so cute lately and will say throughout the day "Thank you my daddy work sooo hard." She sometimes tells him when he comes in the door after work but it's usually just to me.
We ate one or two then took the rest for thank you gifts to teachers and church staff--I can't have all those sweets lying around or I'll eat them all!
Liv has been having heart shaped sprinkles on her oatmeal each morning. One day she kept pointing to the oatmeal container saying "valentine match mommy, it's a match" holding her sprinkles up to the canister. I didn't understand until she pointed it out to me, but she was right! There were tiny heart shapes on the oatmeal box just like her sprinkles!
I made her a heart shaped PB sandwich with sprinkles one day.
And she's been making Valentine cards all month
And putting them in her mailbox.
She even talked Noah into being crafty with her one day.The fun is just beginning though as she has two Valentine's parties this week. She helped me make the treats to pass out to her friends at the parties.
I got the cute little boxes in the dollar bin at Target. We put these treats inside.
Liv helped me decorate the tags with Valentine stickers.
Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad took me to Calamity Janes for dinner and I got him a quart of Love Potion 31 from Baskin Robbins. So sorry we missed our skype opportunity though. Maybe Thursday???!!! I made those same pretzel goodies for our congregations valentine party last Friday night. They were a big hit. Just the right combo of salty and sweet.

Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Leslie said...

super sweet, friend! happy valentine's day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails