Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Kitchen Redo Progress!

You probably thought we weren't serious about this kitchen renovation stuff I mentioned a few weeks ago. We'll you were wrong. One door down....30 more to go!
Then we get to paint them and put new hardware on and get countertops and the backsplash done. It'll take at LEAST a few more weekends :) I'm so proud of my husband. And I'm proud of me for not complaining on the weekends when I am taking care of Liv, while he's in the garage. When I ask Liv what daddy's building she'll say "Daddy work hard in garage. Build tall tall tower." Close enough!

The cabinet doors won't be exactly like the Bravermans because apparently they don't carry the right thickness of wood we would need for the center piece. So instead Ryan just built a frame with a bead board insert. I still love it, but I think since we are using bead board on the doors we won't use it on the backsplash. We will probably use the white subway tile we have in our garage leftover from Carrie and David's house projects. I've been saving it for something special and this just might be it!

10 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Leslie said...

can. not. wait.

Replacement Kitchen Doors said...

Nice post..

Anonymous said...

You guys are BRAVE to try this on your own! Good luck! I'm sure it will turn out great = )
~Dawn

kmom said...

Off to a great start!

The Moores said...

It't gonna look so good! Have you picked out the perfect color of green yet?

Shawn and Becky said...

Good luck, it's going to be beautiful, Braverman kitchen or not!

Anonymous said...

Like father like son. So handy to have around. Good job Ry. Love ya, Mom

lauren and brad said...

Yeah! I am so proud of y'all!!!!!!!!

Suzie Thomas said...

Wood countertops and plastic laminates in a wood design give your bathroom a definite charm and rustic flavor that is certain to impress. Wood has the added benefit of being a highly affordable countertop material that won’t hurt your savings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails