Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Party with Playgroup

It felt like old times yesterday. Our playgroup doesn't meet very often anymore since so many of the kids are in different day school programs on different days of the week. Now we see each other more on an individual basis, but we have remained close friends. Being able to be all together is so wonderful though (we missed those of you who couldn't make it!). The kids are actually at an age now where they play by themselves for pretty long stretches of time without needing us so much, and it sure is nice to get some mommy chat in while we hear squeals of laughter coming from upstairs! Those days when we all sat around nursing our babies and complaining of sleepless nights weren't that long ago were they? Here was our first Vday together and last year's. It's fun to see how much they've grown and who the new faces are!

Des came downstairs with this beautiful princess dress on and kept it on the majority of the morning. I must admit, he is a beautiful little boy!
This is the face my daughter gives when you ask her to smile. Painful isn't it?! :)
And it was fun to have a reason to crank out more sugar cookies! I really enjoyed decorating them and am working on my icing skills.
Now I just have to give more away so I don't eat them all!

5 comments:

kmom said...

super good looking cookies!

jen said...

adorable! i know what you mean about preschool, etc., taking over for playgroup! so cute to see you all through the years.

and amazing cookie skills!!!

Michelle said...

Those cookies do look delicious! I've been working on my sugar decorating skills too, it's so exhausting....hahaha

Anonymous said...

I love the dress on Des. Is he saving it for his baby sister. Olivia's face really does look like she's in pain. But still, oh so beautiful. Happy Valentines to my sweet Okie grandbaby.
Love, Mom aka Gma

Shawn and Becky said...

Looks like so fun. Tell me more about your icing. Do you have a recipe you like?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails