Monday, February 27, 2012

Who Are You Wearing?

Oscar Night was last night and we celebrated in style! I gave up on formal parties when no one else would dress up but me, but this year I found some willing soles so I think we will do it again next year!
I took a lot of pics but while uploading them, a lot of them got messed up somehow and ended up with weird lines down them or just completely didn't upload, and I'm very upset about this, but enjoy the ones I did get! Like this one....
Anyone can come....but you MUST wear something formal. Even pregnant people can be formal, I think Amy pulled off her look stunningly with a crown and all (I offered my maternity bridesmaid dress, she preferred the crown though)
The husbands were sent to Dave and Buster's while we fancy ladies munched on hors d'oeurves and watched the Hollywood stars prance on the red carpet
We did some prancing too.
We each got to give acceptance speeches (except Amy who left before we did this). I think my letter statue worked well as a trophy.
Sorry Roxanne for the random pink line, that's what my computer did to half the pics I uploaded. Not cool but you still look beautiful!
So who was I wearing? At first I decided to wear my wedding dress. Then I decided I was the host so I should have wardrobe changes, so I also wore my senior prom dress and a bridesmaids dress from my cousin's wedding. It was fun, those dresses were so happy to be out of the back of a dark closet, I think I actually saw them smile at me!
Overall we weren't that impressed with the show this year and we kept wondering where all the famous people were when they scanned the crowds. There were like 10 people they kept showing but where were the masses? I liked Tina Fey's and Michelle Williams' dresses. I'm not sure about the worst dressed but we're pretty sure we saw a nip slip on J Lo.
And Angelina Jolie is looking a bit unhealthy. I enjoyed the interviews with various actors in between awards about why they enjoy their career. I hear the Cirque du Soleil part was awesome but I missed it because I was putting Olivia to bed.
And yes she was even required to wear formal attire. This was her best attempt at a pose on the red carpet. I was coaching her to put hands on her hips and this is what we got.
Courtney joined me in a wardrobe change as well (then the pink line blocked out her pretty dress!). Olivia kept petting this one because it is covered in beads.
I have no tan so it completely washes me out but I was just pumped I could fit in it!
Thanks for humoring my formal side Sommer, Roxanne, Amy, and Courtney!
I'm already looking forward to 2013 Oscar party so I can dust that bridal gown off again.
The rest of you better start preparing now. You might've laughed at me when I invited you this year, but I think we all know you would've had fun with us in your wedding dresses too! Get ready because next year will be LEGEN--wait for it----DARY!

11 comments:

LittleKelly said...

Wow I'm impressed, I don't think I could even fit into my wedding dress. But way to fit in to the bridsmaid dress. Looked fun.

The Moores said...

Fun! I would love an excuse to drag the ol' wedding dress out of the closet. Great idea! And I agree about Angelina, her arms looked a little skeletal.

Shannon said...

Ooooo, I want to come next time! I only have my wedding dress though. Its too bad I got rid of all those beautiful, I mean horrid, formals I had back in the day :)

AM said...

I did not laugh at the invitation I just wasn't sure what to do since my wedding dress is preserved and I sold/got rid of my formals. But I am glad to hear there will be a next year, and you better believe I will be finding something fabulous to debut! What fun! :)

ktsdad said...

A mom that can still wear her HS prom dress - I'M IMPRESSED!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about my wedding dress (which is actually Denise's wedding dress) but I think I can still fit into my mother of the bride/groom dresses. Looks like fun was had by all. And I think our Olivia needs an anatomy lesson.

Hey, did ya check out my comment on your last blog. Why am I the only one who took up your challenge?

Mom aka Gma

Chellie said...

I love this idea!!! What better reason to pull all those dresses out of the closet. Of course I had six blue ones and I cut them up into quilt squares when I was pregnant -- my wedding dress is still in tact and would love to see the daylight again!

Gena said...

I don't know what to say except I love Olivia in her formal wear. This is such a funny idea, I just don't think I could do it! It might take someone slipping something into my water to actually make it happen. Hilarious.

Michelle said...

Oh I remember the Oscar party when Reese Won, so fun!

tricia said...

so fun! p.s. um, hello, how amazing are you that you can rock your prom dress? also--agree about angelina jolie, she did not look healthy at all. so frail. she needs a big bowl of pasta.

Monique said...

Looks like so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails