Sunday, February 26, 2012

Your Baby Can Read

Maybe yours can but mine sure can't! She is getting much better at singing her ABC's though. That has nothing to do with anything, it's just the title I gave this post which is a continuation of this one. Here are the latest words I've learned while reading:
  • Excrescence--a projection or outgrowth especially when abnormal or an unwanted mark or part
  • Plangent--having a loud reverberating sound or having an expressive and especially plaintive quality
  • Purview--the body of a statute or the range or limit of authority, competence, responsibility, concern or intention
  • Venal--purchasable; open to bribery or associated with corrupt bribery
  • Perfidy--the quality or state of being disloyal
  • Deign--to condescend reluctantly and with a strong sense of the affront to one's superiority that is involved
  • Ailuromancy--Divination using cat's movement to predict future events especially the weather (What?! I have no idea what book I even read this from, I should've looked it up then!)
Your homework is to write a sentence using one of these words. For extra credit you can do all of them.

That's a joke, unless you want to, in that case please leave it in the comments to humor me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I was walking in my yard checking on an excresence which I had never noticed before, I discovered a feline that my neighbor has used for the practice of ailuromancy, by following the plangent meowing coming from close by which was loud enough to cause the local constabulary to consider their purview as to whether they could deign to seek out a venal citizen to consider a dastardly action to rid our community of said feline, or would that be considered perfidy in the eyes of our local animal rights nazis.

Not pretty, but there it is. I almost don't want to sign my name. But here goes, Mom aka Gma

I hope no english teachers read this.

Ryan and Katie said...

I love you even more now for doing that. Ha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails