Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wild as a mink, sweet as soda pop

Oh man these TN pics are just so fun...to me. Maybe not to you, and if not then just stop reading here because that's all this post is about. Until tomorrow...then I'll show you some kitchen updates :) Hint: it involves painted doors! Enough of that though. This is my friend Katie. I think we became friends in 6th grade when I was trying out for the basketball team....go ahead laugh, I am too. Then we remained friends who had all sorts of inside jokes that we still remember but don't remember the meaning behind them.
We didn't keep in touch much after high school but we reconnected at the reunion and made it a point to see each other when I was home this time. She has two of the sweetest little boys and they have the cutest little southern accents. It made me a bit sad that Olivia won't ever have one. It was a fun but short visit and I hope we are able to see her every time we come home!We worked on our emotional faces with the cousins while in TN. This is happy...could you tell? This is sad...apparently Rachel is too awesome to ever feel this emotion and doesn't know an appropriate face.
And everyone's favorite emotion...surprised!
When they weren't making faces they were playing puzzles
and constructing towns from Lego's and Fisher Price little people.
And lounging on the couch

Even though Celeste had to work, Liv and I went back to her house to hang out with Madelynn and Madelynn's Nonna Donna. Liv tried to force a paci in her mouth.
Then she gave up and hung out in her swing.
Dear Madelynn, You will not get to know me very well since I live so far away. But I will try to spend as much time as I can with you when I am in Henderson. Your mom and I go WAAAAAY back. If you ever need dirt on her just call me up. You think that's funny? Oh I have funny stories about her too. This one time we were at Chickasaw....oh wait you aren't old enough for that story yet. Go ahead and laugh though it's a good one. Another time we staged her garage to look like a murder scene which didn't make her dad too happy. Then we tried to hold a seance to bring Conway Twitty back from the dead. It didn't work. Yep we were pretty silly and it was probably most of my idea. You're mom is the yin to my yang. She has been giving me level headed advice for about 20 years now and although I've never listened to her, I probably should have. I love you from far away and if you ever need to run away just head straight west on I40 and I'll see you in about 10 hours. You can bring your mom if you want. But tell her I won't be taking any of her good advice. Ok enough of those McPeakes. Here's a lovely posed photo of Liv with her Pop and Poppa!
Liv and Aunt Amy took turns on the swing.
Here we are saying goodbye to Papa and Grammy in Conway, Arkansas with some Hendrix college 1901 alumni in the background. My mom looks like she doesn't want to be a part of our family but I promise she does. Liv was pretty excited to see daddy but I got no pics of that. She was anxious to show him her latest boo boo. They played in the backseat most of the way home while I drove for awhile. She read him books until he fell asleep. I also got no pics of that because my hands were on the wheel and my eyes on the road. When we pulled up in our driveway after the 10 hour car trip Ryan and I were cheering and Liv started crying. "No mommy, not home, go back Tennessee." Poor kid. Don't worry....we'll be back this summer. You have about 3 months to prepare for our return, Henderson!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I hadn't gotten the memo on the sad face. I'll do better next time. So thankful for the visit. :)

~Rachel

Related Posts with Thumbnails