Monday, April 02, 2012

Box O' Princesses

I'm sure those of you crafty people have seen this and this on the web already. I decided to try it when the first princess party came along and Elle was just the gal to do it for! I did not get pics of the Snow White party but her mom did a super job and you can see pics on her blog. My fav was the "Shave a dwarf" station. Liv got to put shaving cream on a balloon face dwarf and then shave him with a razor (that didn't have a real blade in it). So cute! Anyway here was the result of my craftiness....
You can buy the wooden peg people at Hobby Lobby for about $3.00 for 8.
I looked up pics online of the princesses and also looked at the examples in the links above for ideas. I didn't make all of them, just Snow White, Ariel, Jasmine, Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle. I lightly drew the outline for the hair and dresses before I painted.
Ryan nailed a bun on Cindy's head. Then with a steady hand I just started painting.
You have to do a few coats on the lighter colors and waiting for paint to dry can be slow but you can paint the hair while the dress is drying so it only took about 2 hours or so.
It was very similar to the spool people I did at Xmas so I had my technique down for painting tiny eyes and mouths. Then I sprayed with acrylic finishing spray to make them glossy. Then I printed off the scenery from the link above and took pictures. Then I made Ryan take pics because he's artsier. Then I sang all the Disney songs I knew.
"Look at this stuff isn't it neat..."
"Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in theee suuuuun...."
"A whole new world, a hundred thousand things to see..."

Then I put them in a box along with some Princess rings and stick on earrings.
Printed out the label and voila!
I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle Boyville yet but the Box o' Princesses was pretty fun!

11 comments:

The Moores said...

Soooo cute! I am terribly impressed with your mad crafty skills, and Alice will be too when she sees these. She loves her some pwincesses.

H said...

These are adorable!! your painting skills are impressive!

Erin said...

Where did you get the princess rings and stick on earrings?! I must know for my friend's daughter's bday!

lauren and brad said...

KK! They turned out adorable! You are so thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Again, I'm so impressed with your crafting skills. And I'm glad you have a talented hubby to help out when needed. Give my girl a big kiss from Gma.

Monique said...

Wow so impressive! Such a fun idea

Leslie said...

ridiculous.

so stinking cute.

Shawn and Becky said...

Those are awesome!

tricia said...

i would make a mess of doing something like this. the precision on the princesses is awesome. YOU are awesome. so. much. fun.

tiffany thomas said...

How did he do the bun?

Ryan and Katie said...

He nailed it on somehow with a tiny nail.

Related Posts with Thumbnails