Sunday, April 08, 2012

He is Risen!

Happy Easter!
Liv was so excited about her Easter dress, she wanted to wear it to bed the night before. I actually got two and let her pick which one she wanted to wear today.
Somehow we all ended up in blue. I love it when that hubby of mine wears a tie!
We forced her to smile for some family photos before church with the allure of an Easter basket waiting in the wings.
Our church had a special children's program that was very cute. (You can see Liv in the front right on the very end.)
She did pretty well and actually sang for Jesus Loves Me. I didn't tape the whole thing because the last two she just danced around, layed on the stage, flashed her bloomers (thank goodness I remembered to put them on her) then tried to run away when it was over.
All things considered...she did better than I thought! It's good to keep your expectations low with toddler performances!
I was proud of her...for the singing part that is!

Then on to the biggest egg hunt I've ever seen.
There were probably 400 eggs in the grassy area for about 15 kids in her age group.
Luckily they let the older kids come sweep through the area because after about twenty eggs Liv was whining "Ready to go mom, ready to go."

We got PLENTY of candy (that she may never eat because she can rarely finish a meal or take a nap these days but we'll see!)
We spent Easter evening with Jenna and her family at their house. We had a ginormous meal with enough leftovers to keep up us full for a week. Liv and Noah had lots of fun screaming and playing all over the house, and Ryan got in some quality video game time with Sean. I got no pics of the fun at their house but I'm too tired to make a picture in paint for you....so just use your imagination!

I will end this post with the lyrics from one of my favorite songs that always brings tears to my eyes. We sang it this morning in church. I'd love to link to a youtube video of it (there are several) but there are none I found that truly capture the beauty of the song to me with a whole congregation singing it. You can google it though if you've never heard it, or come to church with us sometime and I'll request it for you!

How Deep the Father's Love

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only son
to make a wretch His treasure
How deep the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to Glory

Behold the Man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brough me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from his reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.



5 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

She sure is precious! I am going to go google that song. Love you guys! Glad we got to Skype ya today!

kmom said...

Wonderful blog post! I think Ryan wanted lots of candy or plastic eggs. Olivia was into savoring each moment.

Anonymous said...

So funny that she had to open each egg before finding another one. Glad it was such a happy Easter!

Rachel

Monique said...

She looks so cute in her Easter dress!

Anonymous said...

She did such a good job during the songs. She was actually doing some of the hand motions (unlike the little cutie who was standing beside her). I was sorry when she sat down behind the post. Thanks for sharing the song. It has such beautiful words.
Mom aka Gma

Related Posts with Thumbnails