Friday, April 27, 2012

How Sweet It Is

Happy Anniversary to my Stay-At-Home-Mom-ness! It's been about 2 years since I decided to leave the "corporate world" and spend more quality time with my daughter. I have absolutely no regrets. Money might be tighter and I may take fewer showers, but the perks have made up for all of that. 
I love that we get a flexible schedule, I love that we can go on fun adventures during the day, I love play dates and watching her develop friendships, I love the little conversations that come up throughout the day, I love being there to kiss her boo boos, I love snuggling watching cartoons, I love watching her imagination while she plays, I love seeing her helpful spirit grow with her "do it myself!" attitude, I love being able to take off to TN and OR to see family, and I love being available to her throughout her day. Not all days are sunshine and rainbows, but I'm learning more and more about patience, making the best of things, and rolling with the punches.

 I'm so thankful for Ryan's job and his willingness to not drive as nice a car, or live in a bigger house, or go on as many dates, or eat brand name foods, or hire someone to rebuild our kitchen, or whatever else he might want to spend a second income on. I would have never thought 10 years ago that I would want to be a stay at home mom, but it is by far my favorite career choice to date! And despite her attitude at times, she really is one of the easiest coworkers to get along with :)
(P.S. This is what my co worker looked like when I started this job. My how times have changed! 
P.P.S. Anyone wanna listen to Slipping Through My Fingers and cry with me now?)


9 comments:

AM said...

Amen!
I'm always up for a good "slipping through my fingers cry"...I can't even think about that song without getting misty...school bag in hand she leaves home in the early morning- WAAAH! :)

kmom said...

I'm so thankful you can stay home with Olivia. You shine at motherhood.

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo Waaaaaa sniffle sniffle

Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Monique said...

Love the post! I agree best job ever!!

ktsdad said...

Papa sure enjoys getting to see his girls more often because of this stay-at-home-momness, and is thankful for a son-in-law who facilitates all the extra time with the grandparents :-)

Chellie said...

Such a sweet post -- made me tear up for lots of reasons. You made the right choice!

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I just read it again.

~Rachel

Anonymous said...

That song makes me cry every time, too, and my youngest child is 33 years old!!! I'm so happy for you that you get to stay home with your little one AND especially thankful that all 5 of my precious grandchildren get their mommies at home everyday! Love, Denise

lauren and brad said...

i will NOT listen to that song with you. could not do it.

man, olivia isn't the only one to have benefited from your choice. i could have NEVER survived the last two years if you weren't available whenever and however I needed you. you are simply the greatest. thanks for being my favorite SAHM buddy. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails