Monday, April 16, 2012

My New Hobby

First I'd like to direct you to this post Ryan wrote about 6.5 years ago. It's a more artistic look at a haircut. This is the boring sequel written by his wife :) Here are the before shots.
I've been wanting to learn how to cut Ryan's hair since we got married.
I finally got around to having Lauren bring her clippers over and show me how.
So simple. Why didn't I do this 7 years ago? We could've saved at least $400 by now! (Do the math...Ryan doesn't get his hair cut that often but still 400 bucks is 400 bucks!)
I just cut it all one length, but when I buy my own clippers I might try to get fancy and make it shorter in the back. Look at the craze in my eyes!
Charlie and Liv kept their distance once they saw those eyes!
Here is the after.
Despite the look of horror in his eyes, he likes it. I promise.
Alright....who's next? Actually seeing these pics makes me realize I need a haircut but I don't think I'll try that on my own. I'm not THAT crazy.

(photos by Lauren. I believe her quote to Ryan before I started cutting was "Don't you love being married to a blogger?!")

8 comments:

Kalei said...

Rylan does his own hair and then I come in to clean it up, trim around his ears and then his neck. Have fun!! Now if only I will brave doing Po'okela's hair to save money!! I am still waiting to cut his hair!
Happy cutting!! I hope he tips well! ;-)

Erin said...

I need to learn how to cut Justin's. He lets it go too long in between cuts and he starts to fan it in the front like he lives in the 80's. Gross.

Chellie said...

I used to cut Nate's hair, but one time I had a tiny slip with the clippers and he may or may not have had a tiny bald spot on the side of his head. He won't let me near his hair now. I do cut Brixton's hair -- with scissors not clippers.

kmom said...

You are so brave (and Ryan too.)

Anonymous said...

I do like it. Good job Katie.
Mom aka Gma

Leslie said...

married to a blogger = ha

Monique said...

John decided early in our marriage after my many attempts to cut his hair to go to the barbershop. Two old men own the shop so he likes the "manly" atmosphere. He came home one day after getting a haircut and told me the funniest story. The old man cutting John's hair said to him, "Hold on there a minute I've got to close these blinds." John thought for a second and said,"Is everything ok?" The old man replied,"Yeah, just got back from the eye doctor and he dilated my eyes so I'm having trouble seeing." And he STILL goes there!!! You did a great job!

Shawn and Becky said...

Good job. Looks great. I cut Shawn and Cameron's too. I use scissors and clippers on both. It's not too hard. Give it a try - you can always use te clippers all over to cover any mistakes :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails