Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reasons to Love OKC

We went Tuesday night. This is the first time I can remember going on opening night and I highly recommend it. It wasn't nearly as crowded. The weather was perfect too!
The art was ok, but I think we all know the reason most people go is the food! 
We met up with Allison and Micah for dinner and enjoyed a delicious variety from different tents while listening to the Oklahoma Women's Chorus sing some interesting medleys in sparkly red tops. 
We parted ways as they headed to the Thunder game and we headed to the art tents to browse. 
Then to the Myriad garden kids park.
 
The splash pad was on and I thought Liv would be too timid to go all the way in where the water was pouring down but I guessed wrong! I explained I didn't have spare clothes in my purse so she'd have to stay wet. She thought about it for a few minutes and then just ran in! She didn't seem to mind!
You only live once!

We listened to more music and watched some kids dance troupe. 

After all that excitement we had room for dessert: a cinnamon roll with ice cream, caramel, and whipped cream. YUMMY!

Then we got crazy and went back this afternoon with Lo and the kiddos. 

We all had fun and got to eat MORE delicious food. They loved dancing to the saxophonist while we ate lunch.
 
Then we bumped into Noah at the water area. 

This time I came prepared with a change of clothes and Liv jumped right in again. 
Then she wanted to play in her wet clothes on the playground. It was pretty crowded but it didn't seem to phase her any.
 
Genevieve awoke long enough to take a pic with the big "G"!

Lo and I split a Strawberry Newport and Liv got to try cotton candy for the first time. 

She liked it but did not like how sticky it made her hands. It was a lot of fun and wore my little girl out...she took a great nap today! I hope we can go back one more time to enjoy all the artistic fun....and food!

(Still not a fan of this new blogger template...anyone know how to center pics? Sometimes it will do it for me and sometimes it won't. grrrr.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I'll say it again, you really should work for the OKC chamber of commerce. You guys really do need to visit some summer so we can go to our local fair and Grandma can share some cotton candy with Olivia. Yummy! Thanks for posting the video. I love watching them.

Love ya, Mom aka Gma

kmom said...

I second Mona's work choice, if you want another job. Also, working for the library or writing a column for the newspaper might be good choices. I'm so glad you were able to have so much fun at the Arts Festival.

lauren and brad said...

i hate the new format too. but i love going to the arts festival with you. will you email me these cute pics? xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails