Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Zoo Date

When Liv found out her mommy and daddy were going on a date without her the other night she got a little miffed. Until I reminded her that she and I go out on dates all the time. And sometimes daddy and her get to go on dates too. But mommy and daddy rarely go on dates without her and it's vitally important to the sanity of our household, the function of our marriage, and the ability to cope with a non stop babbling toddler. She understood. I like to think she did. Anyway, on Monday I told her the two of us could on a date to the zoo and this is some of the fun we had!
That morning she watched the episode of Sesame Street where Jimmy Fallon talks about nature. While we were at the zoo, Liv ran to a tree and hugged it and shouted "This nature mom!"
The video is of her playing in the water part of the children's zoo. That's what she did for about an hour and I happily sat in the sun and let her play and wear herself out running back and forth dumping water! We didn't come prepared with water clothes but we made do. No other kids were playing in it that day so she got the whole place to herself. I guess other parents weren't prepared either! The Okapis were out and about and are my fav. The elephants were putting on quite the water show as well.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

So fun! We'll have to go all together to the zoo, Cooper talked about Olivia the other day, or maybe he said she was with him somewhere. The things he says...

kmom said...

The first picture made me laugh and also the part of the video with Olivia playing in the water -- helping put more water into one part of the water park. Great blog! Now I want to be with Olivia in person! Love, Grammy

Anonymous said...

What a great elephant exhibit. I wish Portland would update their elephant exhibit. The baby was so cute. But my fave part was watching Olivia in the water. Now she is soooooo cute.

Mom aka Gma

The Moores said...

I love your zoo! The water play ground is genius, I wanna come back and play there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails