Thursday, July 05, 2012

Happy Birthday America!

We had a day full of fun with the Vasquez family. We went over in the morning to get some early swim time in. 
Pool time with dads is so much more fun for the kids. 
And for the moms :) 
There goes my own "no guns" rule.
 
We made an American flag fruit pizza which I will post separately about and sang Happy Birthday to our country.

I'm putting this photo in bc it's the only one of the four of us even though it looks like I'm lactating...(I'm not, it's from my wet swimsuit underneath)
We ate pizza and played some cards then headed home for nap time so we could rest and head back over for even more fun. This time the pool time consisted of crazy surfing tricks by the dads.
and crazy big splashes
While we moms just prayed for no broken bones.
Those dads will do anything for a laugh!

Then we grilled hot dogs and had an indoor picnic. 
Can you tell Jenna is an only child ;)

Then for another activity in which I'm glad dads were there...sparklers, firecrackers, and smoke bombs. 
Liv loved watching the colorful smoke...purple was her fav of course.

She loved the poppers even more.

And the sparklers were alright as long as mommy and daddy were close by. 



Then we headed to St Anthony's parking garage to watch all sorts of fireworks from the OKC skyline. I took no pics of that but it was a good show enjoyed by all. Liv was exhausted by the end of the day and we were too! Happy Birthday America! Thanks to all who have served our country!

4 comments:

kmom said...

Glad you had lots of fun! Glad Ryan didn't crack his head open on the side of the pool like it looked like he was going to do.

Shawn and Becky said...

Ha lactating - definitely my first though! Cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

That fruit pizza sound so very yummy. What a fun birthday celebration you gave Uncle Sam. I can't wait to play in Great Grandma Isenberg's pool with Olivia. Remember to pack her pool stuff when I kidnap her. Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Monique said...

Looks like yall had a fun 4th of July!

Related Posts with Thumbnails