Sunday, August 12, 2012

Return to Science

We only thought we were done with science. Remember when she was a baby and got to go in the pea pod? The lovely metabolic research team over at Children's hospital called and asked if I wanted some more money for my kids college fund and I said yes. Even if she refused to do any of these tests (no needles or anything, just weighing and measuring body fat using various methods) we would still get the money for showing up, so I said ok.
But she didn't refuse, she happily did all the tests except blood pressure. That cuff freaked her out. But not this space ship contraption.
 
She surpassed my expectations did great in the Bod pod (or as she calls it, the hot pot). 
She got to watch Cars while on the dexascan but got a little wiggly toward the end thus the wiggly bones in her skeletal scan.
 
We get to go back when she turns 5! It seems far away but it'll be here before we know it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know she did so well with them!

~Rachel

The Moores said...

Wow! I am in awe at how well she handled all that. I know a certain 3 year old girl who would've literally blown a gasket in that space pod thing. Well done, Liv.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with that brave girl. Every little bit helps when it comes to a college fund. Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Kalei said...

I am so glad it worked out!!!! Yay Olivia!!!

kmom said...

Going to the science museum maybe helped. I think I have a toy blood pressure thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails