Monday, August 20, 2012

This summer was hot

How hot was it?
It was soooo hot, even Charlie needed shades.
I know summer isn't over but it feels like fall could be coming. The weather this week is only going to be in the 70s and 80s! That may not seem like fall, but it's 40 degrees cooler than it has been! 
And it rained the other day! Liv had forgotten what rain was. I'm not even kidding.
Our grass is dead. The plants are dead.
Ryan hasn't had to mow in a month.
Our cold water usually comes out of the tap warm.
The insects have been crazy.
The burn ban and water rationing are a drag.
And that's just how it's affected me, not to mention all the wild fires and homes destroyed and all the ways this drought affected farmers etc. I'm looking forward to cooler weather soon!

(I really can't complain because this horrible weather makes Oklahoma a cheap place to live!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and complain. I've lived in Oklahoma and it really is a hot and miserable place to live or a cold and miserable place to live the majority of the time. Fortunately, there is more to life than the weather. Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Related Posts with Thumbnails