Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fun with kitchen items

I know everyone who has a toddler and is on Pinterest has probably already done this and posted pictures from it, but we finally did it and although it didn't provide HOURS of fun (as some pinners suggest), we did get a good 30 minutes worth of fun out of it! Even the adults enjoyed participating!
If you aren't a pinterest person, it's just baking soda on a tray and food coloring in white vinegar. Any kind of dropper or one of those nose bulb suckers will work.
It's good for teaching fine motor skills, transfer skills, and color theory (although mixing the colors didn't work too well.) Also good at teaching that vinegar and baking soda do not taste as yummy as they look! But you know, she can't just take my word for it!

4 comments:

Tarren and Erin said...

We will have to try that. My favorite part is actually the fact that she is wearing an apron with nothing underneath.

Shawn and Becky said...

I've seen it but we haven't done it yet. Figured it's a good rainy weather craft.

kmom said...

Thank you for the video. I liked the instructions (squeeze, let go) and the foaming action.

Anonymous said...

Too cool. I agree, it looks like a great rainy day craft even for grade school kiddos. And I'm sure you know what grade school kiddos I am referring to. Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Related Posts with Thumbnails