Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Teddy Bears' Picnic

This is the mega post from Liv's birthday party. I didn't want to break it all up into 5 posts so here ya go!! 
Ryan made the invites, I just tell him to run with it and I'm never disappointed! (remember her first bday invite?!)
We had her party at the church building so we could invite more friends than our house would hold! The room was the perfect size and opened up to the outdoor courtyard for extra play room. (If you can't tell, that's a number 3 poster made with pictures of Liv over the past 3 years.) 
The food table featured a teddy bear cookie cake (thanks for your help Allison!), bear claw cookies, gummy bears, teddy bear trail mix, and teddy bears in cars (and boring fruit and crackers that had nothing "bear" in the title.) 
At the entrance we had a guest book for people to put their thumbprint in the bears tummy. (The thumbprint thing is a theme we've done for all her birthdays and I hope to keep it up because I think it's cute!)
I decorated with all the bears, picnic baskets, and picnic blankets I could get my hands on! We had stations for coloring bear pages, making bear hats, reading bear books, having a picnic with play food, a bear photo prop, and lots of dress up clothes to dress your bear in!
We made our own bear hats to wear and took a quick photo before our friends started to arrive!
Ryan also made our awesome T-shirts.
Here are some friends signing in.


Then we all got to have fun at the different stations!
Then we all gathered together while I read the book "The Teddy Bears Picnic"
Then Ryan lead the kids around the building in search of the 3 bears house to hear the story of Goldilocks.
Here is the cast. Ryan got to narrate. My mother gets an Oscar award for her performance.
The kids (and grown ups) got a good laugh out at us all.
Then we went on a bear hunt outside to find bears and teddy graham snacks hidden in the bushes.
Group photo time!! 
Then we got to eat the food, blow out the "candles", and open gifts. Liv loved her musical cards the best I think! She has been enjoying playing with all her new toys this week with Grammy and Papa.
Thank you to all our friends who helped make this day so fun and special for our little 3 year old baby bear!!
And thanks to Pinterest for helping me find lots of fun ideas!

10 comments:

ktsdad said...

Papa forgot to leave his fingerprint :-( Just put my name down at the bottom. Thanks!

Erin said...

Seriously. A great party. You've inspired me for Haylie's. :) I love that pic of us, our girls & Allison. Oh, and thanks for letting Haylie bring Dora - instead of her bear!!

lauren and brad said...

It was the cutest kids party ever!!! Excellent job friend! :)

And your mama as goldilocks was oscar worthy for sure! Though your daddy did just as good!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the photos! I have never had a creative bone in my body for something as special as this. I need to get to work and study some more. Olivia, you have a wonderful mom and dad! What a great party! -April B.

Shawn and Becky said...

Might be the best 3rd birthday I've ever seen. Wish we lived closer to come!! Everyone looked like they had so much fun - how could they not?

Allison Harms said...

WOW! Love it. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just wow. You have a 3 year old and pulled that together?? Man my parties suck! Yours are awesome! Jessica Van Winkle

kmom said...

It was a well planned party with interesting activities, yummy food, and loving friends. Glad I came. Love, Goldilocks (Grammy)

Monique said...

What an awesome party!!

teddy bears said...

I am happy to find this very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content.teddy bears

Related Posts with Thumbnails