Friday, September 28, 2012

The Walking Dead

We had heard a lot about this show so Ryan and I decided to watch it despite the fact that I'm not a fan of gore or zombies. We have a lot of qualms about it (the actors aren't great, it's hard to believe zombies are that big of a threat when they move so slow, there are lots of cars and guns to steal yet they seem so concerned with the ones they have, there isn't a good understanding of how it spread so fast or why there are big pileups on the road and explosions, etc) BUT we keep watching it anyway. Each episode pretty much ends with a twist or surprise that makes you want to watch the next one (I just turn my head when the gore comes). The biggest effect this show has had on me is that now anytime I see someone walking slowly or dragging along I immediately think they are a zombie. Even Genevieve's crooked baby crawl made me think: ZOMBIE BABY! It's a weird feeling. I'm sure I'll keep watching though because I need something to tie me over until Vampire Diairies starts in 2 weeks! I'm having a watch party if you're interested in coming just let me know ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This show is amazing. I hope you guys keep watching. Season 2 is so much better than the first. I love you guys...you're freaks. We have that in common.-Erin

Anonymous said...

Vampires and Zombies. I just don't know what to say. But I love ya. Mom aka Gma

Related Posts with Thumbnails