Sunday, October 28, 2012

Her First Jack-O-Lantern

I guess we put off carving a pumpkin the past 2 years, so this was Liv's first time to make a jack-o-lantern. And by make I mean she said she wanted it to have a "sad face" and Ryan drew, gutted, and carved while Liv was too grossed out to touch the guts and too weak to stab the teeny carving knife into the pumpkin shell. It was still fun and we now have a "sad" pumpkin with a bee on his nose.
 
I'm tempted to make Ryan carve another one just so I can eat more roasted pumpkin seeds. yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what was funnier. Liv saying how you had to be gentle or you realizing she wouldn't be good at stabbing you in the night.

~Rachel

kmom said...

Wow, great pumpkin face! Ryan is a great artist!

Anonymous said...

you said Olivia was weak, but she looked pretty strong to me to break the carving knife! :) Jessica Van Winlke

Related Posts with Thumbnails