Friday, November 02, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Liv told me a few weeks ago she wanted to be a giraffe for Halloween. The next day she said a bear. The next day she said a tree. I said she had to pick one. She chose giraffe and so we borrowed a friend's costume and Liv loved the IDEA of it but in reality hated wearing it. (I believe that's called cognitive dissonance)
 
I think she just didn't like wearing the part on her head...so she was a headless giraffe for Halloween! We did get a few shots of it on her head. I loved the eyelashes on it. 
We attended the fall carnival at church Sunday night. She got to trunk or treat but enjoyed the moonbounce most of all. My favorite participants were the Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts! Ryan and I did not go all out with costumes this year, but I did wear a cat mask and he wore a tiny superman cape he found that I think was for a dog. 
Wednesday evening we visited a few houses down the block in Linwood because they go all out and decorate their houses and no one trick or treats in our hood. We met up with Noah the alien and had a grand time but after 30 min. the kids were done getting candy and just wanted to play in the park, so we let them until it was time for church.
I'm glad they weren't obsessed with the candy part, but I know that will change in years to come! I always wonder what toddlers are thinking in their heads about knocking on strangers doors for candy when the rest of the year we tell them to avoid strangers. It's an odd tradition but a fun one!

2 comments:

kmom said...

I like Olivia's pumpkin bag. Now Noah's costume makes sense. Olivia looks most like a giraffe from the side. Glad they had time to play in the park.

Kara Scharrer said...

That's my cousin! :) He's a GREAT costume maker! Looks like you all had a very fun Halloween!

Related Posts with Thumbnails