Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Baking: Peppermint Cookies

These cookies are famous on my mom's side of the family. I think all 5 of my moms' siblings baked a batch and brought them to Michigan each year and we gobbled them up. My uncle Kevin told me on facebook I'd be kicked out of the family if I shared the recipe so instead here's a pic of the ingredients and the finished product and I'll let you guess the rest!
I didn't realize how much these cookies made it feel like Christmas for me until I ate one after I baked it! It brought back many memories. I was stingy and didn't want to share them with just anyone...I was picky.
But not picky enough because I think we will need another batch since they are almost gone and Christmas is still a few days away!
 
 
I miss being in Michigan with my family each year but these cookies make me feel a little closer to them as I know they are eating them too! What are some of your favorite traditional Christmas foods?

5 comments:

kmom said...

It is fine to print out the recipe. It is not a secret. You are so lucky they turned out. I think the first time I made them it was rainy and thus humid. That made them spread out and join together. Using parchment paper will keep them from sticking to the pan. I just tried a new recipe I found with chocolate chips and crushed peppermints in them. Yum!

KLC said...

It is fine to print the recipe but NOT share it.

Tarren and Erin said...

Oh my! You can't show that and not share the recipe. If your mom says it is okay then you had better share it with at least me!

kmom said...

Is KLC my brother? I thought he didn't read your blog. The original recipe came from a publication of winning recipes of Pillsbury's Grand National Baking Contests. It was adapted by Ann Pillsbury. I finally made a photocopy of the recipe from this publication since I often have problems when making these cookies.

KLC said...

Debra -- KLC is the authoritative voice on what can and cannot be shared, or found on the internet. If you called these cookies by their proper name, Candy Lasses, then anyone with basic internet search skills (ie. Google) could easily find the recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails