Thursday, January 17, 2013

Change of Scenery

I really like to swap out Liv's toys from time to time. Not that we have a ton of storage in this house but I manage to stash a few things away here and there and then swap them out every other month or so. She really does enjoy things more when she hasn't seen them in awhile! I figured after Christmas I should do the same with her bookshelves. Once all the Christmas books were away, I put up her Olivia and Thomas collection. 
Today I swapped them out for Dr. Suess and Berenstein Bears.
 If nothing else, it's a change of scenery, but I think it helps her enjoy her personal library more. I think when certain holidays roll around I will try to put up ones from the library that are applicable. We also have a good Sesame Street, Mercer Mayer, Golden Book, Ladybug Girl, Little Miss, and Katie and the Artists collection. I'm sure there are more if I look around too. 

6 comments:

Leslie said...

can she reach most of the shelves? <--clearly a question from someone who doesn't spend any time with children

Anonymous said...

I have all of the Raggedy Ann and Andy books if you are interested. My girls didn't seem to like them as much as I did. -April B.

Ryan and Katie said...

The bottom two definitely, the third one if shes naughty and stands on her table but she can ask for them and i gladly get them for her....but i have to stand on a chair for the top shelf!

Michelle said...

I should do this in my kids room......but I'm not that organized....

kmom said...

I think swapping books is a great idea. (Of course I've been known to rearrange them on the bookshelves when I am there.)

Chellie said...

I love that you do this. I have wanted to switch out Brixton's toys for a while but I never am organized enough to get it done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails