Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gilmore Girls

Gilmore Girls is my new bedtime show lately. I'm 3 seasons into it and thought I'd share my views on the show, because I can. Also it gives me something to post about besides my offspring.
  • I'd never really watched it before because I found the scripted rapid back and forth talking to be pretty annoying, but it's growing on me. Still really annoying at times though.
  • I love Rory's character. A smart girl with a good head on her shoulders. She responds well to pressure and bullying and isn't obsessed with her boyfriend. Now there are still 4 seasons to go but so far she seems like an awesome role model for teenage girls watching this show.
  • There is some really bad acting on the show...Luke is the worst. Second might be Dean or the grandad. 
  • Sally Struthers who plays their wacky neighbor Babette is my favorite character, but she isn't on too much. 
  • It's odd to watch an episode of Gilmore Girls and then see Parenthood because Lauren Graham's face  has changed a lot in 10 years. Try it. 
  • Stars Hollow would be a pretty cool town if it were real.
  • Lorelei's house is so huge on the outside but so tiny on the inside....it makes no sense. What other rooms are upstairs besides the one bedroom?
  • Not a fan of the name Suki or Lorelei or Rory. I don't even think I can say Rory without sounding like I have a mouthful of food.
  • Does Lane's mom really never go in her closet?
  • Who will Lorelei end up with? Christopher? Luke? I'm betting Luke, but who knows. Don't tell me and spoil it.
  • And will Dean or Jess last through all seasons? Again don't tell me, just typing out my thoughts.
  • I love seeing Don Draper and Seth McFarlane and other random stars on there.
  • Town Troubadour. Love it.
  • I hope Liv and I can have movie marathons like Lorelei and Rory. I don't have the junk food stomaching abilities they do, but we can still eat SOME junk.
  • Jess talks out of the side of his mouth in a really weird way.
  • Paris's voice....ahhhhhh! Rory gets extra jewels in her crown for killing that girl with kindness. I think I'd just kill her.
  • I think I would eat at the Inn WAY more than I would at Luke's diner if I were Lorelei. I mean her bff chef makes food there every day and it would be delicious and free but whatever. 
  • Anyway maybe I'll have more thoughts at the end of the series...I just hope time travel isn't involved like in Felicity. 

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that show......I always watched it, I was sad when it was over, but still watch episodes on SOAP....

Anonymous said...

Gilmore Girls is, and always will be, one of my top 5 favorite shows EVER. I love it so much, and I hope you change your mind about the acting, it's so good!! It gets better I promise!!!
-Bonnie H

The Moores said...

I love Gilmore Girls and was so sad when it was over. If you watch the new show on ABC family called Bunheads, it's sorta like watching Gilmore Girls all over again. Same writers, same fast banter, even a lot of the same characters. So weird! But I like Rory and Loralie way better. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I've never watched it. Mom aka Gma

Jennifer said...

I have to comment on your comments, because I am a huge Gilmore Girls fan. I always made fun of Dean's acting. Oh so bad. The husband and I were watching an episode the other day and commented on how we would live in a town like that. I never thought about the house size, but that is a good question. Lorelei ends up with... (I won't spoil the ending). We have a girl at church named Lorelei. Okay, those are my comments. I'm anxious to here your take on it once you get to the end. There are some "oh my goodness" moments in the later seasons.

Erin said...

I love that you said something about Lauren Graham's face. That was my exact first thought when I saw your pic at the top. WOW, she's changed :)

Anonymous said...

Love that show. It reminds me of my college years. A couple of years ago I recorded them on ABC Family and watched them all over again. I still catch an episode every now and then. It never gets old.
Celeste

Becky W said...

I LOVE Gilmore Girls!!!!!! One my favorites EVER! I have a list of all the books Rory mentions of her reading on the show and I am trying to work through the list!!! I agree about Dean's acting. I would move to Stars Hollow in a heart beat!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that show!

Shawn and Becky said...

I was watching parenthood the other day and thought the same thing about Lauren. I'm a big Gilmore girls fan. Can watch reruns anytime. Enjoy the story!

Leslie said...

I moved to a real life Stars Hollow for two years!! We had a Lou's Diner (like Luke's), one stoplight, snow sculpture building in the town square, and everything. I was so smitten by it because that was (and continues to be) one of my all time fave shows. The rapid and unrealistic speech speed was written up in comparison to the west wing and...er? can't remember the other show, but until I read that article, I didn't recognize why I loved it so much. Fast talkers! Massive amounts of pop culture references! Under the breath retorts saved for self or limited audience amusement (like the person standing right next to you). Love it all.

In fact, I love it so much, I don't think I ever recognized how bad any of the acting was. Except for loads of the town locals; definitely noticed them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails