Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Lesson in Portraiture

This post is about the wonderful ladies' retreat I went on this weekend with the lovely ladies from Mayfair. But this first picture is an example of what not to do if you have a ton of money and have a building named after yourself. 
Really? Hire a better artist to paint the portraits. I have a feeling Mr. Reed and Mr. Reed look more like real humans and less like cartoon men than that. But it made me smile. 

Not as much as spending time with Mayfair ladies did though. I did manage to take more photos than last year, but for the moments I forgot to photograph....I'll give you a visual image ala Mr. Reed style, in paint. (I dedicate this to Annaleise). The day began in the late afternoon, Jenna and I arrived at the hotel early so that we could get our laps in at the hotel pool rather than the gym. Bad news...the pool was closed for maintenance. Good news....lots of trashy cable TV to watch until dinner time. 
Then we headed to Panera Bread to meet up with some girlfriends where we chatted about things that girls chat about. Then we headed back to the hotel for snacks, Would You Rather?, a devo....
....and the only thing I took pictures of--a craft. 
We made a cute little plaque with Bible verses and a flower that says "Today I Choose Joy."
 It was already past our bedtime so my roomies and I headed back to our room to stay up even later and chat more until we feel asleep. Jenna is a cuddler, but I think I slept so hard I didn't even notice her attempts to spoon me in our full sized bed. This morning we had a yummy breakfast, heard a wonderful lesson and testimony from a guest speaker, and played a rousing scavenger hunt game where short people with small feet never had a chance. 
Then we headed home but stopped at The Mule for a quick lunch with my roomies and I found out I like beets! It was a great weekend and I'm so thankful to be surrounded by so many Godly women and friends in my church family. See you ladies tomorrow!

4 comments:

okcowgirl421 said...

Um, I love this post. You have some mad art skillz.

AM said...

This is awesome, everything I envisioned! Love how Benjamin is depicted! :)
And I can't believe the pool was closed!

Amanda said...

You are a true artiste :)

kmom said...

Great way to picture your activities. Maybe Olivia can do this sometime.

Related Posts with Thumbnails