Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Clothes Make the Man

Ryan has worn the same clothes since we were married. And some even from high school and college. Every now and then I'll buy him something for a birthday or holiday, but he isn't big on his wardrobe, so we gladly put our money elsewhere! However, this year for his birthday (his 30th birthday, might I add) he declared he was ready for a new look. All he wanted for his birthday was a complete new wardrobe! Now if this were me that would be pricey, but for him it won't be too bad. And he does have a few things to keep. But here is the pile we donated.
I'd say that's 90% of his clothes. Most of his shirts had a hole somewhere in them, but many of his shirts he's just tired of looking at, so a few days before his birthday we put em in the donate pile and made a list of what he needs. I got a head start with Liv and picked up a few things earlier in the week (she REALLY wanted to get him something with Spiderman on it but we never found the perfect thing). Then last night I took him out to Picasso's and we hit some stores. I think we have a pretty good start and might add a few things here and there. 
I also made him his favorite jello cherry cheesecake and picked up some Cadbury creme eggs. I think you can tell by his cheesy grin that he was pleased.
Happy Birthday Bubby! I love you!!

7 comments:

Jana + Ryan said...

This is so exciting to me! I hate spending money on clothes for me because women's clothes are so expensive so I just don't unless my eye catches something on clearance at Target. I dream of the day we can do this.

Erin said...

That picture of Ryan is pretty sweet. Love his expression. I'm sadly with Ryan in the clothes department. A lot of mine are from years ago and I just get a new sweater every now and then. Great idea on the new wardrobe!

Leslie said...

major jackpot, but wait....are ryan's thirties the decade of NO PANTS?? eep!

happy birthday, ry!

Anonymous said...

That is one handsome man, I must say. I'm so glad he got a cherry cheesecake for his birthday. Some things never change. Happy birthday to my amazing son! I love ya. Mom

kmom said...

What a surprise! Ryan wanted new clothes? And a lot of them? Wow! What a shopping adventure!

Ryan and Katie said...

Haha Leslie! He had enough pants left so we didnt need to buy any. He goes through those yearly when he gets holes in the knees.

Amanda said...

I totally hear ya - the majority of my clothes are bought either at Costco, Superstore (a huge grocery/everything else chain here)....and I still even have a few shirts and shorts with my iron-on-nametag from working at camp in 2000! Ryan is a smart (and lucky) guy...happy birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails