Saturday, February 02, 2013

Toe Pick!!

Jenna's friend teaches ice skating lessons and offered to let Liv and Noah try out a class with the other 3 and 4 year olds she teaches. I figured my daughter is already the clumsiest kid I know so why not put her on some blades and a slippery surface and see what happens?! 
She did not hesitate for a minute walking around in the skates or getting on the ice and learned easily to fall and get back up. 
After awhile though she did just prefer to slide around on her knees.
 She did really well, much better than I'd anticipated, but I think the combo of her hands getting cold plus it being close to her bedtime was too much for her to take. And 15 min into the class she just broke down and cried and cried and refused to go back out there no matter how much any of us encouraged her. It's ok, she's 3 and has a life time to decide what hobbies she enjoys, I just think it's important to expose her to all sorts of options! Unlike swim lessons, I don't think we'll ever be in a situation in which ice skating skills will be a life or death situation so I doubt we will go back unless she changes her mind, but for more info on the Blazers Ice Rink see here.

1 comment:

kmom said...

It was great she tried. Mittens keep hands warmer than gloves. A hat keeps the whole body warm. She was probably tired and getting cold. Maybe some Christmas vacation she can go ice skating in Michigan with her aunt Amy and cousin Elijah and other relatives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails