Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Counting Our Blessings Today

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. Eight. Eight?! Tonight we watched our wedding picture slideshow on the big screen with Liv. She was very confused about why she wasn't in the pictures. "Am I in your belly? Why am I not a baby? Where am I? Why is Violet a baby? She's a big girl now. There's Grandma! I want to see grandma. Can we go to Oregon? Who are those men? There's Beezo! Where am I? Am I in your belly? Whose house is that? Ooo pretty flowers! Why am I not there? Am I a baby? Am I in your belly"....etc.....Then we ate ice cream and planned a mini vacation for later this summer.
We really celebrated last weekend (Cheever's and The Great Gatsby movie) which is good since today is still a very sad day in our city and I can't think about celebrating when my mind is still on the devastation in Moore.
 I don't know how it is everywhere else in the nation, but it's all that's on our news stations all day and it's all that's on the radio and it's all anyone is thinking about here. Donations are being taken up at several places, work crews are being formed at various churches and organizations, we dropped some needed items off today and will be looking for ways to serve in a more hands on way soon. My heart swelled as I pushed my cart through the aisles at the grocery store and saw EVERY single person in the store had the same donation items in their cart as I did. Everyone is wanting to help. Facebook is full of news on ways to help, people who know people needing certain items, and while this is a terrible tragedy, it is also amazing to see everyone pulling together. There will be months of work to come, so keep praying!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neither one of you has changed a bit in 8 years. As handsome and beautiful as ever. Happy 8th anniversary. We are so glad Ryan made you a part of our family, Katie. And I am so thankful God blessed Ryan with such a wonderful second family too. Our hearts are hurting for all those in Oklahoma but it makes me so thankful that those I love were kept safe. Tell Olivia Grandma misses her and I wish she could come to Oregon too. But I'll see her in Branson in a couple of months. Love, Mom aka Gma

Leslie said...

olivia's stream of consciousness is hilarious. congratulations on hitting the 8 year mark! and yes, thinking of oklahomies.

Shawn and Becky said...

Happy 8 years! Oklahoma has been on my mind all week!

Shawn and Becky said...

And Cameron always asks - where was I? When we tell stories or when he sees pictures. He's just finally starting to get it. Although he tried to add himself into stories from when we were in High School still :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails