Monday, May 20, 2013

Heavy Heart

Words are failing me right now. I can't turn my eyes away from the TV screen. I watched the damage live with tears in my eyes as the huge tornado ripped across a town 15 miles from here. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I couldn't believe someone could be brave enough to capture something so horrific on live TV, I couldn't believe that anyone in its path was still alive. I knew it was truly horrific because even the weathermen (who are usually hyperactive and colorful characters competing for attention during storms) were being very serious and somber. Friends and family were texting, facebooking, and calling to see if we were safe. Liv oblivious in the hallway with pillows around her watching movies on the ipad. I starting bawling as soon as Ryan walked in the door home safe from work. Tornadoes happen a lot in our state, but not of this magnitude. I feel helpless and my heart breaks. Please be praying for Oklahoma.

7 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

You guys have been on my mind A LOT today. Praying for you and all those in your area. Love you much!

Anonymous said...

I had been praying for you all throughout the whole situation. I am so thankful to hear that you all are ok. -April

devon lorraine ... said...

definitely praying

The Moores said...

So thankful you're all safe. Now get out there and dig a storm shelter today!

kmom said...

I will keep praying. It is hard to believe someone would film such a storm instead of being sure they were safe.

Leslie said...

this is just horrible. and too close to you guys. so horrible. i was keeping an eye on the news all day to see where it was going and keeping you guys in my thoughts. thanks for continuing to post so i knew you were safe. but for the so many that weren't, i'm also praying.

Shawn and Becky said...

Such a scary day, I can't imagine what was going through anyone's mind who saw that barreling down on them. We watched some coverage while the boys were outside, all Shawn kept saying was 'oh my goodness, OH MY GOODNESS!' Trying to keep the scariness from kids is so hard. We'll keep praying.

Related Posts with Thumbnails