Thursday, May 16, 2013

Immersion Therapy with Meatballs

Ok so I don't have a serious phobia of raw meat but I REALLY don't like to touch it. Making meatballs though is pretty impossible to do without just getting your hands all up in that raw gooey mess. But the trade off is....they just so happen to be delicious, nutritious, and a great way to sneak in some veggies! Here is a recipe I got from a paleo cookbook but I don't remember which one. (Of course the prego and quinoa I add are not from the recipe but they make them even more yummy!)
1 lb lean ground beef
1.5 lbs ground turkey
1/3 or 1/4 cup almond flour
15 oz. jar roasted red peppers
2 zucchini
2 cloves garlic
1 yam
2 eggs
4 cups spinach
Grate your zucchini and yam in a food processor 
 Dump in a bowl, then grate your spinach, garlic, and peppers
 Mix together with the other veggies in a big bowl. 
Add the rest of the ingredients and mash it all up with your hands 
Form into balls and bake at 375 for 45 min. (I topped with some prego sauce before baking) 
I put 16 in the oven and the rest (I think 24) went in the freezer 
 So in about 20 minutes I made 3 meals! (more like 6 if you count leftovers)
We ate the meatballs with quinoa and shockingly Liv ate ALL of her food without even being asked to that evening! We cut it up and I think she thought it was spaghetti!

4 comments:

kmom said...

Your tastebuds have come a LONG way! I'm wondering if your Dad would eat this. Maybe try it next time we are there.

Anonymous said...

He would, especially if he never sees what goes in it :) Just tastes like meatballs!--Katie

Leslie said...

loving all the veggies!

Shawn and Becky said...

Those look good . . . I will be trying them for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails