Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Closest I'll Ever Be to Being a Unicorn

A few months ago, Lauren had a brilliant idea in the middle of the night and emailed a bunch of her girl friends to see if we wanted to participate in the Color Me Rad 5k in OKC that helps raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. I had never participated in any type of race, but this one sounded crazy enough that I just might give it a try. Basically it's just a loud party where they throw colored cornstarch at you before, during, and after the race.



It was fun, but even after a good shower my scalp is still pink and orange. And when I blow my nose a rainbow comes out. I think this might be what it feels like to be a unicorn or at least a My Little Pony. 
I brought home some colored starch for Liv to throw at me because she was distraught that I didn't take her with me (Kids could participate and I think she would've had fun watching but could not have made it the whole 5k without some serious whining). 
After I let her cover me in green dust she said "What else can I throw in your face mom?"



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! The blowing the nose part is so true! Pretty sure it lasted a few days that way. I scrubbed 3 different times to get all the color off of me. I thought I had gotten it all until Tuesday I wore a tank top and realized I missed a spot on the back of my arm! Loved it and can't wait to do another one.

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Did you actually run the whole way? By the way, you're beautiful as a rainbow/unicorn. Love ya, Mom aka Gma

Ryan and Katie said...

No, maybe 1/3 of it. I think I could have but we were trying to stay with a 5 yr old who did not want to run the whole way, but then we got separated anyways and we were too busy chatting to run!

Erin said...

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the OKC metro that didn't do this run! Oh well...maybe next time. It looks like such a blast!!

Shawn and Becky said...

Looks fun . . . I signed up for the Dirty Dash in June . . . now you have me thinking cornstarch would have been better than mud . . . hummmm.

Leslie said...

did it make you feel like you couldn't breathe? jamie's doing one this weekend!

Ryan and Katie said...

Leslie, not at all. Although after seeing what came out of my nose i did wonder what my lungs looked like!

Related Posts with Thumbnails