Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Most Expensive Candy Ever!

It's a riddle. Wanna guess what it is? 
.
.
.
.
Milk Duds.
Why?
Because I chipped my tooth eating one on Saturday and spent $421 yesterday getting a crown.

Never eating one again.

I know, I know, how do you chip a tooth eating caramel? I don't know, but I did. And I had to wait til yesterday to call my dentist about it. I thought I'd get an evaluation of it this morning, and it wouldn't take long so I'd just take Liv. I grossly underestimated the damage to my tooth. The dentist said they need to file it down and put a temporary crown on it and we were there for 2 hours. Do you know how long that is in toddler time? I had brought a few things for Liv to occupy herself with, but she was mostly fascinated with the train that goes round and round the Dental Depot.

I just can't sing that places' praises enough. The people there played with my daughter, took her away at the appropriate time of getting shots in my mouth (we do have her first cleaning in a few weeks and I didn't want to scar her!), gave her snacks, answered her 100 questions, put temporary tattoos on her, let her help suction my mouth when appropriate, and even took her to the bathroom because she started to do the pee pee dance while I had a laser and 3 gloved hands in my mouth. And not only did they do these things but they acted like they were all excited and happy to do them. She got toys to take home and didn't want to leave. She didn't understand why the hygienist couldn't play with her all day!

I guess I could say for that much money they better babysit my child, but I am pretty sure it would cost that at any place and I wouldn't receive such stellar care, so I'm a lifelong customer as long as I'm in OKC! I'd share a picture with this post, but I doubt you want to see my half numbed face or janky smile. I'll have my permanent crown in a few weeks, and I think Liv may actually be excited for her first tooth cleaning in a few weeks! I'll probably never let her eat milk duds again either though! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember losing a tooth when I was just eating soft white bread. Teeth! Who can figure them out. I wish I could have been there to take Olivia for you. But I'm thankful she was in good hands. Love ya, Mom aka Gma

kmom said...

Wow! That is a super nice dentist place. Sorry about your tooth problem.

Shawn and Becky said...

This post leaves me with in my happy place thinking about dentists . . . but what a bummer about your tooth.

Related Posts with Thumbnails