Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Blog!

The blog is 8 today. I cringe/laugh at myself going back to read early posts about our newlywed life, first jobs, finding our first married friends, lamenting over my dead beta fish Botox, learning to cook, and Laguna Beach obsession. I'm sure 8 years from now I will still be blogging and cringing/laughing, but over things I say about motherhood, adventures with friends and their kids, lamenting over my dog (unless she lives a REALLY long time), still learning to cook, and Vampire Diaires obsession.

I started this blog to keep up with friends and family that we have spread out all over the country and it's funny to me that I've actually made more friends because of it! Gotta love the internet! Thanks for being faithful readers and a select few for being faithful commenters :)  I'd probably still do this even if no one read it, but the comments make it more fun!

The blog remembers when.....

 

Newlyweds, apartments, houses, friends, weddings, celebrations, vacations, birthdays, holidays, events, milestones, families, pregnancy, newborns, toddlers, puppies, moments I never want to forget, that's why I blog!
(these pics were chosen at random and I love every memory that comes with them!)

10 comments:

Jana + Ryan said...

Oh my goodness! Puppy Charlie was so stinkin' adorable!

...of course I pick the dog to comment about...

Tarren and Erin said...

Yay! I made it into one of the pictures. I love your blog and think you are so great at sharing you life with us. Thank you!

The Moores said...

Happy blog birthday! Thanks for doing it, it makes us feel like we're not quite so far away.

kmom said...

Thanks for the memory pictures. The one of Olivia wearing the pink bow headband made me laugh. I enjoy reading about your life and seeing the pictures and videos. The blog makes you seem closer to us even though we are miles and hours apart. Love, Mom

ktsdad said...

Hard to believe that the blog has been a part of my daily routine for 8 years! If there's not a new post, I may catch myself re-reading an old one. Cheapest present you'll ever by your old man :-)

Leslie said...

Aw man! So disappointed that Liv's hair mellowed out!! It was seriously amazing. And yay for blog friends! xo

Shannon said...

You are one of two faithful bloggers that I look forward to reading daily. And I surely miss you guys. Happy Blog Bday! I look forward to seeing you guys soon :)

tricia said...

happy blogaversary! love this post so much!

lauren and brad said...

8 YEARS!?!?!?!?!?!?! What the heck.

Happy Anniversary to you blog. Thanks for bringing me so many smiles and deep thoughts. :)

Michelle said...

Jeremy thinks he looks heavy in that picture.....such fun memories......I have no words to what he said about himself....

Related Posts with Thumbnails