Friday, August 02, 2013

Family Inheritance: Facebook Style

My grandparents in Michigan are downsizing pretty soon. Sooner than originally expected. Their 6 kids and 13 grand-kids and 2.5 great grand-kids are spread out all over the country. Two of my aunts who helped them pack up utilized social media to see if we wanted anything before the estate sale. They made a closed group on facebook to display the items. It was a hectic 3 days of ignoring my child checking facebook throughout the day. Here is an example of some photos posted.
We got to choose pieces from my grandmother's large salt and pepper shaker collection, Christmas decor, linens, bird house collection, kitchen items, antique fashion items, etc. (some things just HAD to be modeled!)
We commented and conversed and LOL'd back and forth and it really made me feel close to the large family I very rarely get to see but have fond memories with. Then my aunt posted this photo of my grandparents and it was very bittersweet.
I'm sad I won't get celebrate any more holidays in that home, but I have wonderful memories to treasure forever and I will cherish the items that I received from them! Love you Grandad and Grandmother!
(And a big thank you to Aunt Linda and Aunt Brenda for being so organized)

2 comments:

kmom said...

Thank you for posting our sweet memories on your blog.

Shawn and Becky said...

What a great way to use Facebook. Your aunts looks like they had fun too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails