Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Good-bye Ashlea!

Our dear friend Ashlea took on a very serious role recently. She is ruler of the free world...or maybe a PTA president, either way the summer pal we've been seeing multiple times a week will now only have time for us if we join a fall festival committee. When she voluntold Jenna to have a cookout pool party at 11pm via text message the other night, Jenna kindly obliged (did she have a choice?) and then we turned it into a surprise going away party for her. Because although she isn't technically going anywhere....she will no longer be seen outside the walls of Wilson Elementary until next summer.
The men grilled some delicious burgers, we swam, played games, did magic tricks, and stayed up late laughing way past our kids bedtimes. 
They enjoyed a movie while we played Square.
It's been fun Ash! We'll miss ya!

P.S. This was meant to be funny as Ashlea told us she would NEVER be PTA pres.
P.P.S. We NEVER believed she wouldn't be. She was born for this role.
P.P.P.S. I think Ashlea and Ol' Sal would make great friends.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This post makes me fearful of my upcoming months.....

Anonymous said...

Ha! Except I am starting to realize that I don't have the desire to be crafty. I'm not sure I could ever be PTA president if I brought store bought cookies :)

Ol Sal

Related Posts with Thumbnails