Monday, September 23, 2013

Hello Kitty Felt Board

I made this felt Hello Kitty activity for Liv's party. A friend of hers liked it so much I made one for her birthday this week. 
It was super easy and fun to make. First get some felt and foam boards. I cut the board in half to make two!
 Then get you some of this fabric glue. It's pricey but it's the best stuff.
Lay the board down and cut felt around the edges so you have enough to glue on the back. Wrap corners like you would a present. It dries fast. 
Then I googled "hello kitty template" and made my own pattern for these. I glued the eyes and nose on. (You could make whiskers easily by embroidering or gluing yarn but I didn't.) 
Then the fun part is making little clothes and accessories out of scrap fabric and felt! For example:
For the present I laid it out and then wrapped it in cellophane so the pieces would stay in place, but for everyday storage I keep the parts in a ziploc bag clipped to the board. 
You could easily make other fun felt characters for Dora or Thomas or ABC's (just do a google iamge search for templates and trace around them) and they sell lots of felt activities online and at teacher training stores.
It takes me back to those flannelgraph days! I love it just as much as Liv!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Totally on my to-do list!!

Michelle said...

I was just thinking I should make a princess one for Maddie and Kellyn, however, that's one more thing for me to pick up....

Shawn and Becky said...

That is so awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails