Monday, September 30, 2013

Sous Chefs

Elle and Liv helped make pumpkin bread with me the other day. They are great at pouring in ingredients, watching the mixer, and even got to crack some eggs!
Liv and I made these treats for a few events coming up this week. So hard not to eat while you make them! She helped me open the bags, lay out the pretzels, unwrap all the kisses and put them in place, and then carefully put the candy corn on top of the melted chocolate.
She told me about 10 times tonight, thank you so much for letting me help make cookies mommy! She was so proud. 
 I'll admit I'm a bit of a perfectionist at times so it's hard for me to let little ones help (just ask Jenna about that Olympic pool cake), but I also know it's very important to help foster that natural helping spirit they have at this age so a little egg on my counter, shell in the batter, or candy corn on the floor is ok as long as they are happy to help, I'm happy to accommodate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be Halloween time again. They look yummy. Good job Olivia.Love, Gma

kmom said...

Yay for a great Mama!

Related Posts with Thumbnails