Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Charlotte's here!

I've been rather jealous seeing my friend's posts on blogs and facebook of the garden spiders in their yards this year. It seems everyone we know has one! We even got to see one at Audrey's house one day. I loathe spiders except for these beautiful garden ones and grandaddy long legs aren't too bad either. I was pretty excited when Ryan told us we had one on our back deck. She's about 3.5 inches!
I had one as a pet that I kept in a box until it laid a huge egg sack and mom refused to let me keep it in the garage.
We like to check on her every day. She makes some beautiful webs but so far I haven't been able to decipher any words in them ;)

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Sadly, our spider moved out. I loved watching the web building every morning. It was the closest I've ever been to being OK with a spider. I hope another one moves in sometime -- as long as it stays outside of the house.

Related Posts with Thumbnails