Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Mary Belle

I'd like to introduce you to my new niece, Mary Belle Tackett. 
Named after two of her great grandmothers.
She came into the world at a teeny 5 lbs. 14 oz. and 18 in. long. She came on Sunday afternoon quite a bit earlier than expected due to some health issues with Amy, but mom and baby are both doing great now. We have never packed or driven so fast to TN, but even with record speeds we weren't fast enough for Amy's super speedy drug free labor! I'm so glad I was able to be there with Amy right afterwards though. I've never been more proud of my sister (and I've had a lot of times to be proud of her in life!) for being so strong and brave through a pretty scary ordeal and she continues to be a tough mama running on little sleep in that noisy hospital. Hopefully she and Mary Belle will get to come home tomorrow as she's improving everyday! She couldn't be more perfect or beautiful! 
The family finally got to see Amy and Mary Belle after a long waiting time!
She even looks awesome in the tanning bed!
I think Amy had a baby shower the day before she was born so this is what I need to be working on....
Prepare now for the upcoming posts to just be shots of this beauty because all I intend to do for the next few days is help take care of this darling and her darling mama....and maybe Joe. :) He's been a pretty awesome dad and husband these past few days but he'll hate that I mentioned him on the internet....just wait til I post his birthday and social security number next week on here ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Joe and Amy (and Mary Belle). I look forward to seeing more pictures of that sweet thing. Mona aka Ryans mom

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, Katie. Thank you for sharing. Mary Belle and Mommy look beautiful. Love, Jason and Sara

Want a bigger boat said...

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Sonny

Shawn and Becky said...

She's beautiful. Enjoy those sweet newborn cuddles. There's nothing like it.

dshrock said...

Congratulations! She looks beautiful! I bet Liv is so excited! Can't wait to hear her version!

Related Posts with Thumbnails