Monday, October 28, 2013

Orr Family Farm 2013

We originally meant to space these fun fall events out over this month....but thanks to the weather and some other things that came up, we ended up doing them in the same day! When Ryan came home from work Friday we hurried to eat our lunch and get out to the Orr Family Farm.
I had heard how much fun it was, but this was our first experience there.  It's pricier than a lot of other pumpkin patches, but I'd say the cost is worth it. The farm was devastated by the tornado in May, but it was up and running well with shiny red barns and since I'd never been there before, I don't have anything to compare it to! There were so many fun things to choose from and we didn't even do it all!

Pumpkin Patch & Hayride
I hear in years past it's been a real patch but because of the storms it was more of a pumpkin toss area. Still got to take one home though!
 Animal Barn
There were real animals too but we did not try to milk them. 
  Corn Crib
My fav by far
 Have I ever mentioned how much I love being buried alive in corn kernels? I'm not even kidding, it might be more awesome than sand. Don't call me weird until you've tried it.
Jumping Pillow
 I can't tell you how much fun this was and how entirely sore it made my body in just a few hours. What a workout! I hate trampolines but this is much more fun.
Some kid bounced by me and said this is for kids only and I informed him I was a 30 year old kid.
Ryan could get so high his head almost hit the rafters!
 Pedal Cars
 Liv soon realized that riding with daddy is a lot more fun and lot less work!
  Carousel
I have never been to a farm before that has a carousel but I'm pretty sure Liv will be disappointed now if we go to one that doesn't!
 Train Ride 
 Big Slides and Tire Climb
 Games
Playground
 
 They have events all season not just for the fall so check out their website!

7 comments:

kmom said...

Looks like a great place to visit and have fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. We sure missed alot of fun. That is one amazing pumpkin patch. Love gmaakamom

TLKOREGON said...

That is the best pumpkin patch ever! Looking forward to the day I get to try out getting buried in corn kernels! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Liv's smile, it is so beautiful and infectious!

Chellie said...

Wait!?! Is this where that really awesome picture of Ryan in fear as Olivia flies through the air happened??? I want to know more about that!
We had gone to Orr Family Farm once, long before the tornado. I think we need to go back!

AM said...

So much fun!! Great pictures! We totally missed the corn crib!! :( Was that in one of the barns?

Ryan and Katie said...

Chellie, yes she just somehow bounced really high and flipped in the air and i caught it at the right millisecond! She was fine and laughed the whole time.
Annaleise, yes the corn crib was on the other side of the animal barn.

Shawn and Becky said...

Wow that's pretty amazing . . . and I thought our pumpkin patch was good . . . need to step it up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails